Re: [access-control] Implementation comments

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 23:53:32 -0400, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:
>> I agree we shouldn't prevent synthesized events. But why not say that
>> no ProgressEvents are dispatch at all?
>
> That would prevent synthesized ProgressEvent events.

I mean that the implementation should not dispatch any ProgressEvents. I
don't see a reason that synthesized 'load' or 'progress' events should
be prevented, and it doesn't look like those are prevented now.

>> Seems like you at least have to prevent 'abort' as well,
>
> Why is that?

Otherwise you tell the 'abort' apart from 'error' to do server detection.

>> so why not also 'loadstart' and 'error'.
>
> We could do that I suppose. It would require doing an origin check
> before returning on send() in the asynchronous case, but that shouldn't
> be much of an issue.

Yes, I don't see a reason to do the origin checks after