Re: Proposed errata for DOM2 Range regarding insertNode()

On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Olli Pettay wrote:

> So I still propose that all the mutations to DOM are handled in a
> consistent way and that the definition of insertNode doesn't need to be
> changed. It is ACID3 which requires a small change.

It seems far more useful to just say the mutation events always fire last,
long after any changes to the range itself. This will be consistent with
how we're redefining mutation events, and would still allow the range
insertNode() API to be useful and to perform its intended purpose.