Re: File Upload Status ?

Just wanted to follow up with this.

How can we proceed with getting some file serialization implemented?

I would like to create some tests. Should there be async/sync, or just async?

I'm sure it's going to be a useful feature.

Jonas was also helping flesh out some ideas for Form Serialization, so
we could have something like:-

var form = document.forms[0];
form.enctype="multipart/form-data";
form.getDataAsString();

form.enctype = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded";
form.getQueryString();

This would be useful mostly for getting the data (including from
type="file") to an XHR without having to resort to IFRAME hacks.

It seems that the File Serialization would be the hardest part of that
problem. If File serialization can be accomplished, wouldn't
serializing the whole form be relatively easy?

I'd like to get started with File Serialization. If the Webkit guys
are too busy with other things at the moment, then maybe Mozilla can
take the initiative.

Thanks,

Garrett