Re: Widgets and :context

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:31:13 +0200, Andrew Fedoniouk
<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:

> That is what I thought: widgets if used as components on some page
> behave as a micro documents - fragments
> of the DOM with local style systems rooted to the widget. But it seems
> that this is not the case - that Widgets are
> more about free floating frames that live in top level windows on
> desktop(?), something like Konfabulator "desktoplets".

Assuming I understand you correctly, then yes. The Widgets spec at W3C is
about a way to package web standards-based applications to use them as
locally installed applications.

cheers

Chaals

http://my.opera.com/chaals   Try Opera 9.5: http://www.opera.com