Re: Widgets and :context

Marcos Caceres wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>

>> Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
>> Just wondering - is there any correlation between these two efforts:
>>
>> Widgets 1.0 (Requirements)
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-widgets-reqs-20080625/
>>
>> The Contextual Selector/<style scoped>:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2008Jul/att-0019/Overview.html
>>
>> Or at least an intent to see such correlation?
>>

> I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I really understand what you are asking?
> Is there any particular requirement in the requirements doc you are
> referring to? The only correlation I can see is that Widgets may one
> day package HTML5 apps.

That is what I thought: widgets if used as components on some page
behave as a micro documents - fragments
of the DOM with local style systems rooted to the widget. But it seems
that this is not the case - that Widgets are
more about free floating frames that live in top level windows on
desktop(?), something like Konfabulator "desktoplets".

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com