Re: [testtwf-shenzhen] Need your input: Writing Webapps tests at TestTWF

On 9/9/13 6:00 AM, "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@nokia.com> wrote:

>On 9/6/13 4:03 PM, ext Rebecca Hauck wrote:
>> As you might imagine though, it wouldn't be realistic to
>> expect newcomers to jump into that.
>
>I agree it could be challenging. OTOH, perhaps it could be useful to
>make "reviewing some set of `approved` tests" a prerequisite for
>submitting new tests ;-).

We definitely do that. In fact, we usually ask the experts to provide
starter tests that serve as good examples upon which new authors can build
new tests. These starter tests are almost always actual tests that have
been approved. Of course, the difference here is that they're reviewing
tests as a learning mechanism vs. reviewing them to bless them for all.
I'm fairly certain we wouldn't expect (or want) newcomers to be
responsible for the latter.

>> However, if a group people in from the
>> Webapps WG want to come and organize a test-reviewing project among
>> themselves, that would be great, as long as some of them were available
>> new test authors for support and review of their tests during the event.
>> I'll wait to see what/who else emerges here. As I mentioned in my
>>original
>> note, we'll do our best to help incorporate these suggestions, but can't
>> make any promises. It really depends on who steps up to lead the way.
>
>OK, fair enough. I've already announced (to WebApps) the TTFW event so
>I'll followup to see who can help.

We very much appreciate that!

>BTW, where can I find the registration list for TTWF-Shenzhen and what
>is the deadline for registering?

The registration page is not yet open, but will be soon. We're just
waiting to confirm down a few logistics in tying it into TPAC. We'll
certainly broadcast widely once it's open.  As far as a deadline, there
won't be one. People will be able to register right up until the day
before the event, but it may be a 'sooner the better' situation, because
we will have limited capacity, after which we'll do a wait-list.

>> BTW, Art, are you planning on being there?
>
>No, I will not be able to attend TTWF-Shenzhen :-(.

Too bad! But thanks again for helping to encourage people in your WG to
participate.

Cheers,
-Rebecca