Re: [testing] Common way to "manage" test bugs?

[ Bcc: public-webapps, public-webapps-testsuite ]

Hi Art,

On 12/19/2013 03:54 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> I think it would be helpful if WebApps had a common way to "manage" test
> case bugs,  in particular:
>
> 1. A common way to report a test bug
>
> 2. An easy way to determine if a specific test suite has any open bugs.
> (For example, if someone goes to the websockets test suite on WPT, it
> should be easy to determine if any of the test cases have open bugs.)
 >
> Comments, proposals, etc. are welcome.

I strongly believe we should decide on a single way of managing bugs for
all test suites in w-p-t (so moving the discussion to
public-test-infra). It doesn't really matter to me whether that's done
through github or bugzilla. Two things to consider, though:

* Some issues might span multiple test suites.
* It seems possible that we'd want to cross-reference test suite issues
and specification issues.
* Cross-referencing commits/PRs with issues might also be useful.

HTH
Ms2ger