Re: Are there tests for the getAttribute returning null change?

On 08/25/2012 02:04 AM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
> In DOM1 through DOM3, getAttribute was specced to return an empty
> string for nonexistent attributes [1][2], contrary to web reality.
> This was fixed in DOM4, where it now returns null [3].
>
> I am trying to update the jsdom project in light of this change [4],
> but we can't seem to find any tests related to this that we could use
> to validate our implementation.
>
> Am I looking in the right place, at [5]?

No. The tests for DOM4, being a deliverable of the WebApps working
group, live in the WebApps repository [6], and are mirrored at [7].

In particular, this requirement is tested in [8].

 > Would it be worthwhile
> contributing such tests if they don't exist, or should I assume it's
> somewhere in the vastness of the unapproved directory, and it will
> get moved eventually?

Submitting tests for untested features is always worthwhile. However,
this feature is already tested.

HTH
Ms2ger

> [1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/core.html#ID-666EE0F9