Re: WebApps testharness.js needs to handle 'EventException'

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 04:26:50 +0900, Alex Kuang <Alex.Kuang@microsoft.com>
wrote:
> While converting some event tests to use the harness, I noticed that
> function assert_throws(code, func, description) in testharness.js needs
> to handle 'EventException'. Here is a 'patch' for testharness.js around
> line ~752 -- James Graham do you agree and if so can you update
> testharness.js?
>
>                         else if (code in EventException)
>                         {
>                                 expected_type = "EventException";
>                                 required_props[code] =
> EventException[code];
>                                 required_props.code =
> EventException[code];
>                                 //As above
>                                 //required_props.name = code;
>                        }
>
> Here are the test cases testing EventException:
> http://w3c-test.org/webapps/DOMEvents/tests/submissions/Microsoft/converted/dispatchEvent.DISPATCH_REQUEST_ERR.html
> http://w3c-test.org/webapps/DOMEvents/tests/submissions/Microsoft/converted/dispatchEvent.UNSPECIFIED_EVENT_TYPE_ERR.html

EventException is being removed from implementations. The only thing we
might possibly want to test is that it does not exist.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/