Re: [XHR] No way to tell a request originates from an XHR object

On Wed, 07 May 2008 12:38:30 +0200, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org> wrote:
> In the context of content transformation that is a problem because such
> HTTP messages should be passed untouched by the content transformation
> proxies: an XHR call involves that some client code will be run on
> receipt of the response, so any transformation is likely to break the
> content delivered by the device.

As Björn pointed out this is also an issue for other APIs. It seems best
not to do such transformations and get client software upgraded. However,
in case there's no way around advice authors to set a special request
header that disables the content transformation, such as the one you
mentioned in your original e-mail.

I hope it is ok with the Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group if I
leave this unaddressed for XMLHttpRequest Level 1.

Kind regards,