RE: Dedicated Geolocation List and Channel

Inline...

[Sunava Dutta] I think Doug's point is that there are more parties (and industries) that are affected by this. Of course, working with other browser vendors AND other invested parties is important.

> > I would strongly encourage folks to join and start discussions now,
> > rather than waiting.  A chartering period, with the review from W3C
> > Management and the Advisory Committee, takes at least 6 weeks, and
> > that doesn't include the time have preliminary discussions about it
> > and to write the charter.  Hixie indicated that Google did not want
> > to wait even 2 weeks, and I agree that keeping momentum is a high
> > priority. Naturally, if Apple wants to wait until the chartering
> > period is over, that's your prerogative, but it doesn't seem like a
> > good use of time and energy.
>
> Well, I wasn't that confused about where disucussion should go until
> you asked everyone to move discussion to a new list, when folks seemed
> happy to have it here.

[Sunava Dutta] I think Doug makes some very good points here. MSFT's stand based on the considerations that Doug has raised is that it should go to a new WG. There are teams here that do not need to be randomized with other WebApps conversations (that I participate in) but are nonetheless invested in GeoLocations. There is no additional burden for me to join a new list/WG and I'm glad to do so.