Re: [selectors-api]

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> I can modify the spec to require that, I just need to figure out the
> best way to write it.  But then I don't think there is anything special
> an implementation would need to do to deal with the a misbehaving
> resolver  (beyond what the spec already requires for unexpected return
> values and exceptions thrown by it), since any modifications performed
> by the resolver would occur before searching the DOM.

The spec says:

   User agents should ensure they remain stable when facing a hostile NSResolver
   object. Potentially hostile behaviour includes:

     * Returning inconsistent results;
     * Hanging;
     * Changing the DOM during the operation.

The only solution I'm seeing so far to a hanging NSResolver is terminating that
script at some point.  Once that's happened, the UA cannot reasonably perform
the query operation, since the namespaces haven't been resolved (or some of them
haven't been resolved).  Is it supposed to go ahead and just return random data?
  Anne says it can't throw.  What _can_ it do?

-Boris