Re: [selectors-api] Handling :link and :visited Pseudo Classes

I think you're making a big effort trying to come up with a meaningful
solution. However, it can get much complicated than that.
Lets say you magically implement a solution which would be impossible
for a client side script to detected if any 3rd party website was
accessed.

I still can do the following:

#one:visited,#one:link{background-color:url(detect_url?1)}
#two:visited,#two:link{background-color:url(detect_url?2)}

where #one and #two are just two arbitrary selectors that point to
anchors. Even though I cannot have a client side script detecting if
those links are visited, the user agent will fetch those two urls, and
tell a server side script that they were visited. Privacy gone.

It's a unglorious battle.