Re: [selectors-api] NSResolver moving nodes between documents

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Jonas Sicking wrote:
>> This should be the easiest solution for spec writers and implementors
>> alike. And I don't think users will care either way.
>
> I do not think we need to specify anything in addition to what the draft
> already has, nor do I think we should define that prefixes must be re-
> solved before querying the DOM but then don't define in which order and
> how often each prefix may be resolved, but I don't care much either.

I think it would be a good idea to defined that the implementation
should ensure to make all needed calls to NSResolver before starting to
navigate the DOM to build the result.

> In
> any case, if we add something, please specify what happens if you switch
> between HTML and XML document with respect to case-sensitivity of names.

This is something that is in general very undefined by the DOM. What
happens if you move a node from a HTML document to an XHTML document and
then call getElementsByTagName on it. Do you get a case sensitive match
or not?

I would prefer not to touch this area for this spec, but I guess I can
be convinced as long as we can ensure we're consistent with how other
APIs behave. It would be very bad both for users and implementations if
some APIs switched to be case sensitive and some didn't.

/ Jonas