Re: Feedback from the IE Team: Web API XHR Draft

Jonas Sicking wrote:
> If microsoft is worried about breaking existing customers if they make
> any changes to their implementation, and need versioning in order to be
> comfortable making any changes, I suggest versioning is added on a
> higher level. For example a top-level attribute indicating which version
> of IEs engine is desired.

FYI, such versioning was discussed on public-html a few months ago and
Microsoft are already planning on introducing a new bug mode switch of
some kind into the next version of IE, which authors will be required to
use if they don't want to be stuck with IE7 mode.  That will give
Microsoft another solution to their purported XHR compatibility problems
(though I would prefer them to just use the ActiveXObject() vs.
XMLHttpRequest() switch pointed out earlier).

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/