[xhr2] HTTP methods (was: Re: [xhr2] PATCH support)

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 00:20:53 +0200, Mark Nottingham <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>
wrote:
> Well, if we get our act together in the HTTP-WG, hopefully you'll have a
> registry to refer to.

Would this registry deal with dangerous methods such as TRACE or CONNECT
that can not be supported in an XMLHttpRequest implementation? Or would
these methods need to be called out in the XMLHttpRequest specification or
something?

How does this registry help with arbitrary HTTP methods?

I would very much like to solve the inconsistencies around HTTP method
support for XMLHttpRequest level 2.