Re: New Progress Events spec

On Mar 7, 2007, at 12:45 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 08:38:41 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak
> <mjs@apple.com> wrote:
>>> When the size is known, that knowledge is not necessarily accurate.
>>
>> Can you cite an example?

>   xxxx
>
> Would be one I suppose...

This is not a valid http message. The http spec seems to want you to
treat this this is length 2 entity-body, but it's not very clear (it
also says user-agents MUST warn the user in this case, but I don't
think anyone does that). Safari 2 and Opera 9 appear to respect this,
although Firefox 2 doesn't. I don't know if that's a bug or a
deliberate compatibility feature.