Re: Selectors API Method Names

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:20:37 +0200, Lachlan Hunt
> <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:
>
>> Would others accept changing the methods to cssQuery() and
>> cssQueryOne()?  If this would achieve concensus, I'd be willing to use
>> these names.
>
> Opera does not like the cssQuery names and prefers the names that were
> suggested in Lachy's draft.
>
> I recall strong objection to names which suggested this was about CSS in
> the past (but maybe it was only Anne objecting) on the basis that this
> isn't about CSS but selectors.
>
> So, Bjoern, Maciej, do you object to closing the issue with the names
> Lachy proposed in his draft, or are you just tossing in another idea in
> case it gets stronger consensus?

I'm not really a big fan of anything containing 'css' either. But then
again I don't think the length is as critical as many others seem to.

Admittedly I'm not a big fan of the selectElement/selectAllElements
suggestions either for the reasons maciej raised (similarities to
selectNodes/selectSingleNode).

How about selectorQuery/selectorQuerySingle/selectorQueryAll ?

/ Jonas