Re: XMLHttpRequest for Last Call

Anne van Kesteren schrieb:

> Hi,
>
> I suggest we publish
> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/Overview.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
> as Last Call Working Draft by next Monday. If you have any objections
> please post them to the public list.
>
> (Please remove the member list on follow-up e-mail.)
>
> Cheers,

I think the spec needs to be carefully checked for usage of
RFC2119/BCP14 terminology. For instance
(<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/Overview.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#dfn-setrequestheader>):

"For security reasons nothing SHOULD be done if the header argument
matches one of the following headers case-insensitively:"

I think I understand what the intent is, but maybe it should be
rephrased to:

"For security reasons, a server SHOULD ignore any attempt to modify any
of the headers below (header names being matched case-insensitively):"

Best regards, Julian