Re: [XHR2] text/html and responseXML

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 01:00:14 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:
>> I'm a little bit worried that if we enable scripts for XHR (they are
>> currently disabled in firefox) that sites would break. Though chances
>> are probably pretty small. However if scripts are enabled we need to
>> define exactly in which context they execute. Should they have their
>> own 'window'? If not 'window.document' would not refer to their own
>> document.
>
> Yes, I'm not really sure if it's a good idea, but we should consider the
> pros and cons of both options.

I tend to agree with Niklas Ã…kerlund that XMLHttpRequest is for fetching a
single resource (of data). If we'd execute scripts in that resource per
the HTML parser that would mean that other resources have to be loaded as
well. In my current copy of XMLHttpRequest level 2 I have written that the
parser should run with support for scripting disabled for that reason.
(I'll hope to check in a copy once I've clearly marked outstanding issues,
maybe later today.)