Re: [XHR] "the specification of a proxy"...?

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 23:04:01 +0200, Simon Pieters <zcorpan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't understand the construction "If the user agent allows the
> specification of a proxy". What does it mean to allow the specification
> of a proxy? What is the specification of a proxy? Or am I just
> misreading it?

I guess it means "an HTTP proxy server" which is often used as a means of
caching and filtering web content in corporate networks, universities and
such. I guess the specification should define the word "proxy" a bit more
elaborately.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg           -=|=-        asbjorn@ulsberg.no