Re: Comprehensive List of Implementations for Testing

On Sep 21, 2006, at 5:37 AM, Doug Schepers wrote:

> HTML
> 	JavaScript
> 		Desktop
> 			Internet Explorer 5.5+, 6.0+, 7.0+
> 			Firefox 1.0+
> 			Opera 8.5+, 9.0+
> 			Safari 10.4+

The actual latest version is 2.0.5. (10.4 is the version of Mac OS X
that comes with Safari 2.0).

> 			Netscape 4.7 (optional, unsupported)
> 			Amaya 9.5+

Really? Amaya?

1) It's actual user base is almost nonexistent (there are dozens of
browsers not listed here that see more use).

2) It is unusable for actual web browsing. In 15 minutes of playing
with it, I was only able to find one web page that it rendered
correctly, the Google homepage (and it can't even get the search
results page right).

3) It seems unable to handle even the most basic of DOM scripting,
for instance this:

<script>
document.getElementById("x").appendChild(document.createTextNode
("foobar"));
</script>

does not display "foobar". In fact I could not find evidence for
JavaScript support of any kind.

I do not see how it could be in any way relevant for Web API
compatibility testing (except perhaps for humor value).