Re: XMLHttpRequest test suite suggestion

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:41:12 -0000, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> That doesn't answer my question above.  It just shifts the burden onto
>> defining what "the window from which you use the constructor" means.
>
> Can you point out the problem in that definition?

Did you read the question I quoted in my previous mail?

To repeat it a third time.  If do something along the lines of:

var func = window1.XMLHttpRequest;
var req = new (func.apply(window2)();

or some such, which is the "window from which you use the constructor"?  window1
or window2?

If what I said is not possible to do, I'm happy, but then I'd like to be pointed
to the part of the ECMA spec that says so; I haven't been able to find it.

> It's not really clear to me what the problem with
> the definition is.

The fact that it uses a concept ("window from which you use the constructor")
that it never defines and doesn't reference a definition for?

-Boris