Re: Wrapped implementations of XHR in script

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 11:31:37 +0200, Gorm Haug Eriksen <gormer@opera.com>
wrote:
> I think Allamarajus issue is valid. Having closely tied browser
> specifications that are not implementable in the browser is questionable.

What do you mean with this?

> We should discuss further if the specification can be relaxed with
> regards to property reading or if we should require that this
> specification must be implementable in user side JavaScript.

The former doesn't really help interoperability, the latter has never been
a goal.

> IMO using proprietary Firefox extensions is not really an option.
> JavaScript already support 'watch', but I don't think this is widely
> implemented (e.g. Opera doesn't support it).

ECMAScript 4 will also have support for getters and setters (hopefully
compatible with what Firefox and Safari have today) which will most likely
make this possible.