Re: XMLHttpRequest: Why list HTTP method names

On Oct 11, 2006, at 21:54, Subbu Allamaraju wrote:
> Two sum up, there does not seem to be any reason other than some
> intent of making implementations support a base set of methods. If
> the WG feels strongly about this, instead of saying a MUST or
> SHOULD, the spec could add a statement "encouraging"
> implementations support these base set of methods.

I'm sorry but I don't understand your use case at all. Furthermore, I
don't see how you propose that we produce a specification that
fosters interoperability by loosening the requirements on its most
fundamental functionality. My personal opinion on the current draft
is that we don't mandate enough methods, certainly not that we
mandate too many.

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist