Re: ISSUE-87: invoking open() when readyState is not 0, 1 or 4

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:48:32 +0200, Web APIs Issue Tracker
<dean+cgi@w3.org> wrote:
> It doesn't say anything regarding what happens when you invoke it when
> readyState is 2 or 3. Does the request have to be aborted? Is the call to
> open() ignored? What do implementations do?

Implementations seem to vary and it the results I get are not really
consistent. If anyone has a good way to test this please tell me.

I have changed the editor's copy and I'm wondering if there are any
problems with the following text for implementors:

   Invocations of this method when readyState is not 0
   (Uninitialized) or 4 (Loaded) must be ignored.

   Invoking this method when readyState is 4 (Loaded)
   must be identical to when readyState is 0
   (Uninitialized). Also, all members of the object
   must be set to their initial values.