Re: The url parameter of the XMLHttpRequest.open() method

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 20:32:40 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
>>> If you want to be compatible with IE for this, what you should check is
>>> what happens if the base URI is _changed_ while the XMLHttpRequest
>>> object exists, e.g. by changing the attribute directly or by mutating
>>> the <base> elements in the document (if that works).
>
> I just tested this. Internet Explorer indeed takes note of of changes to
> <base>. (Either changing .href or adding a <base> element.) Ouch!

I forgot to mention the testcases in my previous e-mail:

   http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/XMLHttpRequest/open/018.htm
   http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/XMLHttpRequest/open/019.htm
   http://tc.labs.opera.com/apis/XMLHttpRequest/open/020.htm

Note that the pass conditions of none of the above should be considered
stable. The testcases will change over time to reflect the latest version
of the Working Draft. They are just to aid in decisions on moving forward
at the moment.