Re: XMLHttpRequest.abort()

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:22:49 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
>> This has been asked a couple of times before. At some point "reset" will
>> be defined and it will say that all members of the object are set to
>> their initial value (as if you create a new instance of the object yes,
>> I suppose)...
>
> Hopefully it will also include a requirement that any active connections
> are dropped, and so forth?

Do we really want to define in that level of detail? Currently it says:

   When invoked, this method MUST cancel any network activity for which
   the object is responsible and reset the object.

... but perhaps it should only say the object is resetted and no new data
should be made available to the object or something along those lines.