Re: ACTION-87: Selectors API

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:49:36 +1000, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, 31 May 2006 00:11:23 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
>>>  I'm not in love with having "match" in the name, but I could live
>>> with matchAll() and matchOne().
>>
>> I like these names. Having short names is nice and all, but having
>> clear ones is even better. Especially when the extra cost is just
>> another three letters to type.
>
> I'm not really fond of matchOne()... Is there any precedence on this?

There is a precedent for any naming thing you care to consider, and some
you would prefer not to.

I am with Jonas on this - I don't think the name hurts or increases
confusion and it does slightly decrease it. But picking names is always
painful. We'll never get it perfectly right, but we can always get it
oh-so-very wrong :(

cheers

chaals

--