Re: ISSUE-29: how is uri parameter of the open() method resolved

On Feb 24, 2006, at 1:19 AM, Web APIs Issue Tracker wrote:

> ISSUE-29: how is uri parameter of the open() method resolved
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/webapi/issues/29
>
> Raised by: Anne van Kesteren
> On product: XHR
>
> Currently it is unclear how the URI parameter of the open() method
> is resolved.
> The source of the editor's draft says it's resolved against
> window.location.href
> but that might be incorrect given that <base> sets
> window.document.baseURI and
> at least one browser uses that...
>
> How does it work with xml:base? Should you look at
> document.documentElement.
> baseURI instead?
>
> (It might be a bit strange to look at the document object's baseURI
> given that
> the object is not really bound to it...)

In Safari, and I believe also in Firefox and Internet Explorer, if
the URI parameter is a relative URI reference, it is resolved against
the window.location.href of the Window object currently executing
script, which may or may not be the same as the one used to create
the XMLHttpRequest object.

I can make a test case to check this.