Re: Working Group members

On Feb 20, 2006, at 9:37 AM, Sylvain Hellegouarch wrote:

> I am asking that list because I would like to know whether major
> players (ie people from the Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer,
> Konqueror, etc. teams) support the work being done by this group in
> order to know if this has a chance to be more than just a
> specification.

I am the Apple representative and I am on the Safari team. (You
didn't meantion Safari on your list, but by most metrics(*) it has
more overall browser market share than either Opera or Konqueror, so
I hope we count as a major player.)

> I mean, is there a strong will by everybody attending the WG to
> actually implement those features? T

I can't commit to any specific future plans on Apple's behalf.
Personally, I would like to see Safar/WebKit changed to conform
specifications that cover existing de facto standards. This will be a
benefit for cross-browser compatibility. For standards that define
new features, we would have to decide on a case by case basis.

There are others involved with various web browsers on the WG. I will
let them speak for themselves.

* - The metrics could be wrong, statistics do lie, but I think at the
very least we're in the same ballpark.