Re: Selectors API naming

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Doug Schepers wrote:

> Given the editor's strong stance for your own viewpoint, it seems that
> your deference to him is not altruistic.

This is the only item that's been heavily argued on the mailing list. I'd
be saying the same thing if Anne had suggested the opposite.

I have confidence in Anne's ability to not let his own opinion override
his ability to take everyone else's opinion into account.

> If you merely want the debate to end, the obvious course of action is
> for you to concede the point.

That is exactly my point. Debating until someone concedes doesn't get the
best solution. It gets the solution with the loudest advocate.

> Otherwise I suggest we find a real compromise, not just editorial whim.
> Both implementors and authors have come down on both sides of this
> argument, sadly.

How do you suggest we find a "real compromise" if we don't let someone
decide on a compromise?