Re: Question over studies of user choice re privacy/security and retention

On 27 September 2016 at 00:54, Colin Gallagher <
colingallagher.rpcv@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think there are good studies on this, just off the cuff (at least
> not any I have seen, yet).  However, I do think that from my personal
> experience, most users want simple choices that will provide them with
> privacy.  While not directly related to EME, the popularity of Signal
> <https://whispersystems.org/> is an example of this.
>
> I agree an actual study would be great to review.

I like this (now slightly old) study on privacy: The Privacy Jungle: On the
Market for Data Protection in Social Networks

http://preibusch.de/publications/Bonneau_Preibusch__Privacy_Jungle__2009-05-26.pdf