Re: HW Sec Workshop - Citizen Identity

On 2016-04-26 19:16, Wendy Seltzer wrote:

> We had a productive meeting today, and aim to continue that tomorrow,
> including building use cases with which to talk to the browsers about
> their interest in components such as secure key management.

If this program is still valid
https://github.com/w3c/websec/wiki/hardware-based-secure-services-:-topics-for-the-workshop#11-citizen-identity
it will most certainly end up like the previous attempt.

Since native applications have had most of the desired capabilities since day #1 the
issue essentially boils down to the fact that a handful of experts believe that the
"App revolution" must be fought at any cost and delays.  This position has no industry
support whatsoever.   It doesn't take an Einstein to conclude that COMBINING the power
of the Web and App worlds would probably be a bit more productive, maybe even exciting.

Anders