Re: State of the WebCrypto API

On Monday, October 12, 2015, Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
wrote:

> IE 11 is Microsoft's most recent browser for their currently largest
> installed base of Windows.
> Why does it still require a workaround?  Probably because there's limited
> demand for WebCrypto.

Anders,

I already explained this to you, but let's try again:

WebCrypto uses promises

IE11 does not support promises

Microsoft has no plans to add support for promises to IE11

You started  this thread by linking to this article, which
demonstrates Microsoft's commitment to WebCrypto in Edge:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn904640(v=vs.85).aspx

In other words, the technical basis to your argument runs diametrical to
your point (which is little more than instilling fear, uncertainty, and
doubt about WebCrypto)

Please stop posting threads like this. I can't tell if you're being
actively deceptive to malicious ends, or are truly incapable of
understanding the underlying concepts, but either way this has to stop.

To the chairs: threads like this discourage reasoned technical discussion
on this mailing list.

--
Tony Arcieri