Re: Restarting the "Smart Cards for the Web" Discussions

On 2015-03-20 17:58, Siva Narendra wrote:
> I think this discussion needs to be led by the browser developers and them come to a
 > conclusion on what they want to do. In my opinion, rest of the community talking about
 > it will continue to be futile.

I believe you are right but that won't happen in W3C but in FIDO Alliance since they
already have a big and apparently very committed community for such matters.

Personally I'm moderately fond of the idea that a single company [in practice] "owns"
a market due to the fact that browsers cannot be updated by third-party vendors like Tyfone.
In fact, this is one (but definitely not the only) reason why I'm advocating an
*entirely different direction* for dealing with smart cards and lots of other things
including web-payment schemes (which also lacks any visible/known browser-vendor buy-in).

Anders