Re: New security fetaure : Looking for a home for a proposed Credential Management API.

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 08:49:40 -0400
To: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, GALINDO Virginie <Virginie.Galindo@gemalto.com>
CC: Richard Barnes <rlb@ipv.sx>, Brad Hill <hillbrad@gmail.com>, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>, "public-web-security@w3.org" <public-web-security@w3.org>, "public-webcrypto@w3.org" <public-webcrypto@w3.org>, Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>, Dan Veditz <dveditz@mozilla.com>
On 10/10/14 5:20 AM, Mike West wrote:
> I'm fine with publishing through WebAppSec, as long as the WG is fine
> with rechartering accordingly. We'd still want to ensure that folks
> from WebCrypto and WebApps are looped in, of course.

Hi Mike, All,

Regarding `looping in` WebApps, I just wanted to let you know that if a
tight coupling is desired, the credential API would need to be
identified as an explicit joint deliverable in all of the relevant WGs'
charters. For WebApps, which just started a new charter a few months
ago, this would require a new re-charter effort. And, if there is broad
agreement it is important for this API to be a joint deliverable with
WebApps, then I would support that re-chartering.

On the other hand, if a looser coupling (i.e. no explicit joint
deliverable) is OK, then we can work on out-of-band ways to assure the
WebApps' community is `looped in`.

-Thanks, AB