Re: policy-uri is slow

WRT your suggestion about prohibiting use of information -- I think it's an interesting avenue to explore, provided that, as you say, the intent isn't to prevent information leaks. E.g., this technique wouldn't be useful for the P3P or CORS use cases, but as long as that limitation is kept in mind, it seems reasonable.

Browser folks would need to comment on whether or not it's feasible from an internal architecture standpoint; I suspect it would entail a certain amount of buffering.

Whether or not that works out, I don't think it's helpful to preclude alternate mechanisms like policy-uri based upon fear / uncertainty / doubt that some people *might* misuse it. There are lots of things that might be misused on the Internet, and if we designed everything with that limitation in place, we'd all be the poorer for it.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/