Re: policy-uri is slow

On 4/14/11 5:47 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
> To confirm my understanding, if a document has a CSP policy consisting
> of a policy-uri, then the user agent is supposed to block processing
> of the document until it finishes fetching the policy-uri, right?
> That seems very bad for performance.

Yes. That's why we originally didn't include a policy-uri option.
There were persistent requests that for some use-cases
(complex/large site-wide policies) a cached policy more than made up
for the initial latency in saved bandwidth on subsequent requests.

I prefer in-line policies, but it doesn't hurt to support both and
let sites decide which fits their needs better.

-Dan Veditz