Re: HTTPbis and the Same Origin Policy

On Dec 3, 2009, at 12:10 PM, Tyler Close wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
> wrote:
>> Do you see an actual flaw in my reasoning as applied to the command-
>> line
>> tool in question?
>
> Sending a POST request with Content-Type application/xml using a
> webbot is a likely thing to do and the redirect attack would not be
> prevented by either of the mitigations you listed.

How does that affect my original point 1? To recap, my point 1 was
that if you send no credentials, only resources behind firewalls face
potential vulnerability from redirects. This is so because such a
request could be sent by the potential attacker directly, without
involving a redirect. I believe this remains the case even if you send
a POST request with Content-Type application/xml.

Regards,
Maciej