From: Philipp Hoschka [mailto:ph@w3.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 10:00 AM
To: Jerry Mead
Cc: public-web-plugins@w3.org
Subject: Re: The HTML Patent Advisory Group formed

Jerry,

point taken, and apologies.

Here is the announcement, as it appeared on the W3C homepage on Sept 23:

W3C Launches HTML Patent Advisory Group

    2003-09-23: Under W3C [76]Current Patent Practice, a Patent Advisory
    Group (PAG) has been launched to study issues for HTML-related Working
    Drafts and Recommendations raised by the court case of Eolas v.
    Microsoft and US Patent 5,838,906. Public discussion takes place on
    the [77]public-web-plugins@w3.org mailing list. Read the [78]FAQ and
    visit the [79]HTML home page and the [80]HTML PAG public home page.
    ([81]News archive)

      [76] http://www.w3.org/TR/patent-practice#sec-PAG
      [77] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-plugins/
      [78] http://www.w3.org/2003/09/public-faq.html