RE: Server Workaround to Render "Second" Documents Acceptable?

Oh - I'm sure we can change our old scripts to deal with iframes - I was
just hoping that whatever will be the solution for this mess won't force us
to re-visit all our client's sites to rip out some long-forgotten scripts...
:-)

Personally I felt rather insulted by how lightly it has been talked about
"changing the plug-in mechanism", pretty much disregarding what will be
involved organizationally and technically on the web development side. It's
not like we'll just wave our magic HTML wand and everything starts working
again.

Due to the fact that there may be JavaScript-Flash interaction in many of
these pages (among other things like Information Architecture and Design
considerations), we may have to do individual fixes for each instance of
Flash in a client's site, or may even be forced to consider a complete
redesign of sections of sites - which will have to be explained to
clients... I'm sure you are all looking forward to that aspect of the
problem... :-)

Will _any_ of the solutions offered by Microsoft leave the DOM intact so
that current scripts will just continue to work? I thought the user-prompt
method described by Microsoft would maybe do that.

Or are we just doomed to perform the Big Web Retrofit Of 2004?

Thomas