Timeline?

Since the meeting mentioned on the W3C site has been almost a month ago, by
when can we at least expect some sort of timeline from the W3C for a release
of more information? A FAQ wouldn't be bad for starters.

I'm getting concerned that this is turning into a fly-by-night operation
with a sudden release of a patched IE by Microsoft with no further input
from the development community. It would be nice if we would hear from any
of the participants of those meetings if there was at least some sort of
plan discussed or if Microsoft will now do whatever they want and let us
know when they are done.

Here's a quote from the one page on the W3C site about this situation:

"In addition, the meeting participants strongly supported clear
communication on this matter, including establishing a developer Web site
and mailing list to coordinate approaches for changes to Web sites and
software, and providing early releases of software and documentation."

Judging from this mailing list, I'm not the only one who is still waiting
for "clear communication"...  we shouldn't be sitting here discussing the
questionable merits of software patents, we should be getting a clearer
understanding of what will have to be done to keep our client's web sites
running.

And it is not just existing sites - I could imagine that a lot of developers
are right now holding off on new projects that involve Flash since we don't
even know if there is any way at all to use these kinds of technologies once
the browser changes come down the pipe.

Thomas

Thomas Sturm
Senior User Interface Developer