Re: CNN circumvents the Eolas Patent?

Better yet, a description of what Microsoft and the other 'big' players
believe to be the scope of the patent in terms of objects, applets, HTCs,
any on-document tags beyond the original pre-Eolas HTML set, etc., etc.,
etc.

What is missing here right now is a clear and concise statement of that
scope and its implications for (D)HTML/XML-hosting client applications.

This list was formed to garner (presumably helpful) input and -- as Richard
Smith says -- it's very frustrating trying to provide that without knowing
what the Microsofts/Macromedias/Apples/Reals of this world understand as the
'safe' foundation for any 'remedial' recoding.

Mike Wallent (if you're monitoring this list) when you say this:

"There are technologies that are already used today (that aren't covered by
the verdict) and all we are saying is, given the choice, use the
technologies that are already available to you."

please be specific. Precisely what are are the current technologies that
you/Microsoft consider are not covered by this verdict?

Jerry Mead
http://www.meadroid.com