RE: a what if...

With respect to Microsoft and the term "extensions", this generally refers
to "additional specifications" to a public programming standard.

For example, MSIE supports an HTML tag call "<XML/>" that has all sorts of
groovy functionality, but it is not part of the public standard for HTML
supported by the W3C.

Another simple example of an extension is the SCROLL="on|off" attribute for
the HTML <BODY/> tag.

How Microsoft actually implements the workings of these "extensions" in MSIE
is another matter, but plugs-in are not typically involved.

Hope this helps.

---
This is my question as well, are internal "built-in" features of MSIE
affected by this Patent?

When is more information going to come down the pipe anyway?

Scott Cadillac,
XML-Extranet - http://xmlx.ca
403-281-6090 - scott@xmlx.ca
Well-formed Development
--
Extranet solutions using C# .NET, Witango, MSIE and XML