Re: Call for Consensus: Incubations adoption

> On Aug 13, 2020, at 5:24 AM, Yoav Weiss <yoav@yoav.ws> wrote:
>
> This is a Call for Consensus (CFC) to adopt the incubations listed below as WG Working Drafts.
>
> As part of the process of preparing for rechartering <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K6l5JlEaUq9eSBNI9HGoLfeN9hpXLHlHPRW-WTjtBlU/edit#bookmark=id.zbjoasva17nm>, I looked into relevant WICG incubations and found several that I believe are mature enough to be adopted by the WG.
>
> Largest Contentful Paint <https://wicg.github.io/largest-contentful-paint/>, Layout Instability <https://wicg.github.io/layout-instability/>, Element Timing <https://wicg.github.io/element-timing/>, Event Timing <https://wicg.github.io/event-timing/> and IsInputPending <https://wicg.github.io/is-input-pending/> were all thoroughly discussed on the group's calls and meetings, and I believe are all in good shape to be adopted as Working Drafts.
> I'd like to seek the group's member consensus on adopting them.
>
> Voting is gathered on the following issues:
> Event Timing #94 <https://github.com/WICG/event-timing/issues/94>, Element Timing #48 <https://github.com/WICG/element-timing/issues/48>, Largest Contentful Paint #57 <https://github.com/WICG/largest-contentful-paint/issues/57>, IsInputPending #32 <https://github.com/WICG/is-input-pending/issues/32>, Layout Instability #68 <https://github.com/WICG/layout-instability/issues/68>.

Do Google & Mozilla support any of these proposals? FWIW, we (Apple’s WebKit team) do not necessarily support any of them, and we’re pretty much against layout instability (as in we wouldn’t consider implementing it at all; for other specifications we haven’t made up our minds yet). We’d like to know before making our votes.

- R. Niwa