Re: Is there any way to deal with streaming content?

From: Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@google.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:20:09 -0800
To: Anton Nemtsev <newsilentimp@gmail.com>
Cc: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Hi Anton. Yes, and no..

Server-Timing is communicated via an HTTP header field that, per spec, can
either be present in the initial set of response headers before the
response body, or as a trailer after the response. As such, one could, in
theory, deliver a Server-Timing trailer *after* the full response body has
been streamed, annotating the individual chunks — note that you can't
interleave this data with the response itself.

The one extra wrinkle here is that trailer support is still lacking: Chrome
does not support it (yet, at least), and afaik Mozilla implemented partial
support but it's not wired up fully for Server-Timing.