Re: Adopting a dual spec/testing process for webperf specs

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 3:35 PM Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org> wrote:

> On 5/3/2017 8:21 AM, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
> > What are the next steps for actually making this happen? For Service
> > Worker I just added a few lines to CONTRIBUTING.md:
> > https://github.com/w3c/ServiceWorker/pull/1131
>
> I guess we should simply say we adopt this today and assign an action
> item to Xiaoqian or myself (or anyone else eager) to go around and
> update all of our repositories. I'm curious however, did anyone
> implemented a check that fails if no link to WPT is found in a pull
> request comment?

We don't have anything like that in the WHATWG and I think that's OK. Such
a check would still not catch when the WPT PR wasn't later merged, so
perhaps more useful would be a tool to check these things after the fact,
to find the things that slipped through the cracks. All non-normative PRs
would need a special label to make this work, though.