Re: question on Resource timing API

From: Ilya Grigorik <igrigorik@google.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 09:31:22 -0700
To: anjan bacchu <anjan.bacchu@gmail.com>
Cc: public-web-perf <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Hi Anjan.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 8:56 PM, anjan bacchu <anjan.bacchu@gmail.com>
wrote:

> hi there,
>
>   discovered this email from
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.org.w3c.webperf/month=20141201.
>
>  We're trying to get hold of resources performance data by window.
> performance.getEntriesByType("resource");
>  We're seeing that the "PerformanceResourceTiming" objects don't have an
> attribute to indicate whether the http status code. How is an user of this
> API supposed to figure the http status code ?

RT does not provide status codes. This is something we've discussed in the
past (see 1,2,3) but never reached consensus on.

FWIW, I think this is something that should be surfaced via Fetch registry:
https://github.com/whatwg/fetch/issues/65

ig

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2011Mar/0095.html
[2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-perf/2014Jul/0062.html