Question about Resource timing Spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/resource-timing/)

From: Venkataraman, Narendra <naren@vimeo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 21:45:56 +0000
To: "public-web-perf@w3.org" <public-web-perf@w3.org>
Hello Experts,

I have a question about resource timing api. I am writing to this email as advised by one of the authors of the spec Jatinder

 Mann.

We at Vimeo are working on uploading straight to Google Cloud Storage. Occasionally I notice OPTIONS requests taking a long time to respond (10-30 sec).

Here is one example: https://gist.github.com/vayam/d752cf31eeedc4849766#file-gistfile1-txt-L2164

I would like to log OPTIONS request timings so I can report to Google Cloud support. Unfortunately, the HTTP method is not recorded in the resource timing spec.

Right now I can't distinguish b/w PUT vs OPTIONS.

>From the spec `The name attribute must return the resolved URL of the requested resource.`

I propose adding `method` attribute to it.

What are your thoughts on this? Appreciate your help you on this.

Best,

Naren